If you want to grow your social media accounts efficiently, you need help managing your content. Two popular options are Hootsuite and Planoly. Both have great features, but choosing the right one can be tough. Hootsuite vs Planoly, in this post we’ll compare these tools, key features pros & cons pricings and give recommendations on who should use them.
Let’s get started!
What is Hootsuite?
Hootsuite is a social media management tool that allows you to manage multiple social media accounts from one place. You can schedule posts, monitor analytics, collaborate with team members, and more.
Hootsuite is one of the best tools in the industry and supports the most used social networks like Instagram, Facebook, TikTok YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Pinterest.
What is Planoly?
Planoly is a visual planning and scheduling tool focused on Instagram ( Instagram and Pinterest Partner) and can manage your social media accounts. The tool provides features for planning and previewing content in a grid format, scheduling and publishing posts, analyzing post-performance, and engaging with followers.
Planoly also offers additional features such as hashtag analytics, user-generated content management, link in bio, and team collaboration, making it a popular choice for brands and agencies looking to streamline their Instagram strategy.
Why would you use Hootsuite?
If you want to schedule posts in advance, Hootsuite is one of the best options. It’s a great tool for managing multiple social media accounts and its library of templates makes it easy to create original content.
Hootsuite allows you to measure the impact of your posts so that you can learn from them and improve your social media strategy over time.
Hootsuite is an all-in-one social media management solution and is the most comprehensive tool in the industry.
Why would you use Planoly?
As mentioned earlier is a tool for visual social media management. You can use it to create and schedule posts on Instagram, as well as manage multiple Instagram accounts. The app also allows you to collaborate with other people on Instagram, so it’s great for teams who want to work together from anywhere in the world.
Planoly lets its users create beautiful images, then schedule them ahead of time so they are automatically posted at the right times without any effort on your part or anyone else’s.
Hootsuite vs Planoly: Key features
Here are the key features of Planoly
- Visual Content Planning: Planoly allows you to plan and preview your Instagram content in a visual grid format, making it easy to see how your feed will look as a whole.
- Scheduling and Publishing: You can schedule and publish your Instagram posts in advance, which saves time and ensures consistent posting.
- Post Performance Analytics: Provides analytics on your post performance, including engagement rates, reach, and follower growth, allowing you to adjust your strategy to improve your results.
- Hashtag Analytics: Planoly offers hashtag analytics that allows you to see which hashtags are generating the most engagement for your brand, helping you to optimize your use of hashtags.
- User-Generated Content Management: You can easily manage user-generated content (UGC) with Planoly, allowing you to track and repost content from your followers.
- Team Collaboration: Planoly offers team collaboration features, allowing multiple team members to access and work on the same account simultaneously.
- Linkit: is a free tool in Planoly that creates a link in bio for easy browsing and shopping. It connects followers with the brands you use.
- Sellit: is an additional paid tool ($29/month) that transforms your Instagram link in bio into a digital storefront. You can sell physical or digital products and services through it, making it easier for followers to shop and support your business.
The key features of Hootsuite are
- Social Media Management: Hootsuite allows you to manage multiple social media accounts from a single dashboard, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, and TikTok.
- Scheduling and Publishing: You can schedule and publish social media posts in advance, which saves time and ensures consistent posting.
- Analytics and Reporting: Provides analytics on your social media performance, including engagement rates, reach, and follower growth, allowing you to adjust your strategy to improve your results.
- Social Listening and Monitoring: Hootsuite offers social listening and monitoring tools, allowing you to track mentions of your brand on social media and respond to customer inquiries and feedback.
- Collaboration and Team Management: Hootsuite offers collaboration features, allowing multiple team members to access and work on the same account simultaneously. You can also assign tasks, create approvals, and set permissions for team members.
- Integration with Other Tools: Integrates with other 150+ Third-party apps, allowing you to streamline your social media management and analytics.
Planoly vs Hootsuite: Ease of use
Planoly has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, making it simple for users to upload, edit, and schedule Instagram posts. The platform has drag-and-drop functionality, allowing users to easily reorganize their content.
Additionally, the mobile app is well-designed, with a streamlined interface for mobile posting and editing. Overall, Planoly is an easy-to-use tool for visual content creators and social media managers.
Hootsuite is designed to be an easy-to-use social media management tool. The dashboard is organized and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and manage multiple social media accounts. Users can schedule posts, track analytics, and engage with their audience from one central location.
Hootsuite also offers a mobile app, which is user-friendly and provides a streamlined experience for mobile posting and engagement. Although Hootsuite may require more time and effort to learn compared to other social media management tools but remains a highly effective and user-friendly option for businesses of all sizes.
Planoly vs Hootsuite: Customer Support
Planoly has an excellent help center with guides, video tutorials, and support for user queries. Users can contact support via their site or social media.
Hootsuite Academy provides resources on social media strategy, in-platform management, and reporting. Users can get support via social media, ticket submission, and 24/7 priority support for Business and Enterprise accounts.
Planoly vs Hootsuite: Pros and Cons
If you’re looking for a visual planner to help you plan and organize your Instagram posts, Planoly is a great option. It’s easy to use and offers plenty of features that allow you to plan out your content weeks in advance. Also is one of the best Instagram scheduling tools it helps a lot with Influencer marketing.
However, if you need something more than just scheduling posts on Instagram, Hootsuite may be the better choice.
Hootsuite is an all-in-one social media management tool that allows users to schedule posts as well as manage their accounts across multiple platforms like Facebook and Twitter at once. This can come in handy if your business has multiple social media accounts or needs advanced features like analytics data tracking or team collaboration tools. Take a look at the pros & cons of each platform.
Pros of Planoly:
- Visual Planning: Planoly offers a visual planning interface, allowing you to see what your Instagram feed will look like before you post. This can help ensure a cohesive and visually appealing aesthetic.
- Content Creation: Planoly offers a variety of content creation tools, including a built-in photo editor, image resizing, and grid planning.
- Post Scheduling: You can schedule posts in advance, which can save time and ensure consistent posting.
- Analytics and Insights: This provides detailed analytics and insights into your Instagram performance, including engagement rates, follower growth, and more.
- Hashtag Management: Planoly allows you to create and manage hashtag groups, making it easier to use consistent and effective hashtags in your posts.
- Linkit and Sellit are excellent tools if you want to sell products direct from Instagram.
Cons of Planoly:
- Limited Social Media Support: Planoly is primarily focused on Instagram, so it may not be the best option if you need to manage multiple social media platforms.
- Limited Features in the free plan
- Only integrates with three social media platforms (Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok) which may not be enough for some users who are more active on other networks. While you can share posts on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, you can’t post directly to these platforms without going through the three supported networks first.
Pros of Hootsuite:
- Multiple Social Media Management: Hootsuite supports multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and more. This makes it a great option for businesses with a strong presence on multiple social media sites.
- Post Scheduling: You can schedule posts in advance on Hootsuite, which can save time and ensure consistent posting.
- Analytics and Insights: Hootsuite provides detailed analytics and insights into your social media performance, including engagement rates, follower growth, and more.
- Team Collaboration: Hootsuite offers features that make it easy to collaborate with team members on social media management tasks.
- Integration with Third-Party Tools: Hootsuite integrates with 150+ third-party tools, making it easier to manage and share content.
Cons of Hootsuite:
- Dashboard Interface: Some users may find Hootsuite’s dashboard interface overwhelming or confusing.
- Many Features: Hootsuite has many features that you may not need, making it expensive. You may be better off finding cheaper options with only the tools you need.
- Price: Hootsuite’s pricing plans can be expensive, especially if you need access to more advanced features.
- No Free Plan: Hootsuite has only 30-day free trial at Professional and Team plans
Planoly vs Hootsuite: Pricing & Plans
Hootsuite Pricing & Plans
Hootsuite offers 4 different plans to choose from according to your needs.
Professional: costs $99/month and includes
- 1 User
- 10 Social accounts
- Unlimited posts
- Post scheduling
- Access to messages in one inbox
Team: costs $249/month and includes
- 3 Users
- 20 Social accounts
- Everything in Professional plus
- Roles & permissions
- Assign posts to team members
Business: costs $762/month and includes
- 5 Users
- 35 Social accounts
- Everything in Team, plus:
- Assign posts to team members
- Approval workflows
- Inbound/outbound tagging
- Content & asset library
- Hootsuite customer support
Enterprise: Custom price and includes
- Starts with 5 users
- Starts with 50 social accounts
- Everything in Business, plus:
- Assign posts to team members
- Social ads management
- Social ads analytics & reporting
- Employee advocacy
- Team productivity reporting
All these plans are based on annual billing. In the Professional and the Team plans you can test it for free for 30 days. If you want to skip the trial period you have a 20% discount. In Hootsuite, you have only 30 days of free trial and you don’t have the choice of a free plan.
Planoly Pricing & Plans
Planoly also comes with 4 plans.
Personal Plan: is Free and includes
- 1 User
- 1 Social Profile
- Instagram OR Pinterest OR TikTok
- Analytics: 1 Month
- Comments: Latest 5 posts
- Media: Images only
- 30 uploads for IG or Pinterest to PLANOLY per month, or 5 uploads for TikTok
STARTER costs $13/ month and includes
- 1 User
- 1 Social Set
- Limited Uploads (60 uploads per account)
GROWTH: costs $23/month and includes
- 3 Users
- 1 Social Set
- Unlimited Uploads
PROFESSIONAL: costs $43/month and includes
- 6 Users
- 2 Social Sets
- Unlimited Uploads
If you choose to pay annually you will have a 15% discount and the price configured on the Starter at $11,25/month, on Growth at $19,50/month, and on Professional at 36,50/month. All paid plans come with a 7-day free trial.
A social set includes one Instagram account, one Pinterest account, and one TikTok account. The Instagram account can be linked to a Facebook account and Twitter account for cross-posting ability. If you have multiple brands or businesses with different social accounts, you’ll need one set for each profile. Also, you can customize each paid plan by adding additional members and social sets at checkout.
If you want to choose the Sellit tool you must pay an additional $29/month.
Planoly vs Hootsuite: Which one should I choose?
If you’re looking to manage multiple social media accounts, Hootsuite is the right choice for you. It’s great if you want to schedule posts in advance and track your analytics.
If you’re a photographer or blogger who wants to grow an audience on Instagram, Planoly might be more useful. It helps with creating beautiful images that attract people’s attention, which can help boost engagement on other platforms like Facebook and Twitter as well as drive traffic back to your website (or blog).
If you’re looking to manage multiple social media accounts and want a tool that offers more flexibility in what you can do with your content, Hootsuite is the right choice.
Both Hootsuite and Planoly are great tools for social media management. They have powerful features, but they also have key differences.
If you’re a beginner, use Planoly. It’s easy to use and focuses on the basics of scheduling posts on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
If you need more advanced features such as analytics or collaboration with other users, then Hootsuite is better suited for you.
In the end, it’s up to you which one you decide to use and we hope to help you to clarify what suit to your needs with this Hootsuite vs Planoly comparison post.
Click here to see the Planoly vs Later post
or here to see the Hootsuite vs SocialBee post
or here to see all Hootsuite comparison posts